Tuesday

A Special Place. Quay




This restaurant has the most beautiful food I've ever eaten in my life and its in my home town of Sydney!
The head chef Peter Gilmore is an amazing food alchemist...every bite is filled with his love and consciousness. The first time I went with my two daughters Matisse and Ondine we were all drunk with joy as every dish was so heavenly.  It was not just the taste that was so inspiring everything from the presentation, the location, the staff and the clear and extraordinary energy the Peter imbued into every plate, made the experience unforgettable and inspiring  

To me this is further validation in the ability that food can have on our beings, because of Peter's connection to his food we were able to have an actual opening and widening experience long after the food has been eaten.
It reminded me of the beautiful film Babette's Feast

 I also love the flowers that so effortlessly garnish his plate. Such a special place.

Quay Restaurant
Head Chef Peter Gilmore
Overseas Passenger Terminal, The Rocks, Sydney 2000
Bookings call (61 2) 9251 5600 
Ranked 27 in S. Pellegrino's Top 50 Best Restaurants
you can buy his exquisite book Quay: Food Inspired by Nature here



2 comments:

  1. Each plate is beautiful art, isn't it?
    Just wonderful!
    Little flowers are delightful to the each dish. I have never seen things like this before.
    If I have a chance to visit you in Sydney, take me to the restaruant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanna I can feel the beauty and spirit of the food coming through...filling us with it's very essence and soul! Delicious!!! Thank you for sharing:)Chef Kate

    ReplyDelete